Power Snatch + Hang Snatch, then WallBall ladder WOD

Wednesday 05.03.14

Weightlifting:

• EMOM x 10 Power Snatch + Hang Snatch (around 75-80%)

Conditioning:

12 minute AMRAP:

• 10 Wall Balls, 9/6kg
  • 10 Burpees
  • 10 Pullups
  • 20 Wall Balls, 9/6kg
  • 10 Burpees
  • 10 Pullups
  • 30 Wall Balls, 9/6kg

*Add 10 Wall Balls after every completed round.

Post loads, reps and training notes to comments

coops

A. Not moving quite as smoothly as I’d have liked this morning. 45kg. Would have liked to be heavier but quality didn’t quite warrant it.

B. %#*€*ing wall balls. Bleaggghhh! 4 burpees after round of 40 wall balls. Guess that’s 100 wall balls or 164 reps total. Very tiring.

A. Worked on 25kgs, still feel like the hang snatch is a lift and then squat, need to get under the bar quicker

B. Scaled to ring rows, got to 5 burpees in the third round. Wall balls are getting much more consistant.

• Aimee says:

It’s very much evident that it’s become ‘wall ball Wednesday’… Wahhh 😭 don’t remember the last time I did wall balls in a WOD… Months! Miss those blue balls haha!

A: 30kg – felt great!
    B: I think I got to about 6 wall balls in the round of 40
    I loved this work out – especially when I realised we were not increasing the burpees and pull ups – just the wall balls! STOKED!

• NathO says:

A) Started at 45kgs but moved to 50kgs for these after 2-3 rounds. Need to work on bringing the bar down in a more controlled way between reps but felt quite comfortable with the weight and form otherwise.

B) 10/40 WB’s. What a killer. My form for wall balls was variable at best and certainly would have finished the set of 40 if I was to take the amount of “no reps” into account.

Great working with AndyO this morning, made the WB’s look effortless.

• Heinex says:

A) 3 @ 55kg and upped it to 60kg for last 7.
    B) 25/40 W/Bs.
    In light of Aimee’s statement. If anyone asks you, “How hard is X-fit?” Reply- It will make a guy wish he had blue balls.

A. Worked at 45kg form feeling pretty good

B. Got 2 wall balls into the round of 40

A. 24kgs. Managed to creep the weight up a bit and still keep good form in dropping under the bar. Progress 🙂

B. 2 burpees after the round of 30 wall balls. Scaled to ring rows. Nice to see some progress from when I did Karen a year ago. Wall ball technique is so much better now.

A) Worked at 40kg and it felt nice and strong. I failed 2 hang Snatches and then realised I was not letting the bar travel straight up by beginning the lift too early. I fixed this and it was awesome.

B) I used a 12LB yellow ball as we were out of red ones… So Coops had me double squatting for each throw.
    My accuracy on the lighter ball was awesome, only got 1 no-rep.
    24/30 Wall Balls round.
    Blue Band Pull Ups, I thought were really quite good today.

• Mark says:

A: Snatch complexes at 40kg. I could feel my shoulders loosening throughout, so they’re coming along.

B: After an alarm clock fail yesterday morning, I did the thrusters workout at 6pm last night. So wall balls this morning at the 5:30 session were definitely not welcome. I hate them at the best of times, and they really tore me up today. 4/40 wall balls, with one or two generous reps maybe from my judge?

• James says:

A: Hit all these at 50kg.

B: Whelp, I saw Ivans score of 1 bajillion and was immediately disheartened. 1 bajillion and 1? Haha nope, 9/10 pullups in the 40 wallball round… so close to getting to the 50!

I think you’ll find that was a gazillion. It’s important to get the terminology right. I wouldn’t want people to get an over-inflated idea of my effort.
      I’ll aim for the bajillion if they come up in the Open.

• James says:

That’s how I do my secret arm curls at the globo, one bajilliin and one… One bajillion and two…

• Karl Buchhorn says:

Probably my last hard training session before hitting 14.2 this morning. Need to take a little bit of time to rest my backside and hamstrings after 14.1 re go.

Worked at 70kgs for the EMOM
    &
    Finished off the 50 wall balls.

• jason says:

A: Worked at 52kg for these
    B: Ahh wall balls, we meet again…. and I still don’t like you. I *think* I was in the round of 30 wall balls.

• Ben M says:

A) worked from 40-45kg for the Emom, by the end the bar path started to feel better, not snatching for a month has made them rusty.

B) 8/50 Wall balls, this was a burner – too much rest and a torn hand, whats the bet there is a “thousand” pull ups in 14.2

• Matt B says:

Pulled of all the snatches at 55kg.
    Then got 2 wall balls into the 50’s.
    not too bad considering my hamstrings are still on fire from Mondays re-sit of 14.1 🙂

A: worked off 30kg. First few hang snatches weren’t great as I came up onto my toes a bit. Last 5 felt great! Gotta work on keeping my chest up.

B: so apparently my wall balls are very inconsistent. One minute they are great, every rep counts and stringing them together, next minute I am spinning the ball and missing the wall by far. Grr so frustrating. Thanks Ellyse for helping me keep my cool.

C: got a few unbanded jumping pull ups at the gym at lunch today so had a bit of a play with them jumping off a box. Will work on eccentric pull ups to help strengthen at the bottom of the movement, thanks Sean for the advice. I am so close!

• Ellyse says:

Your wall balls are so good Taz! You just gotta keep your technique- next time buddy 🙂

• Ellyse says:

A: 22.5kg

B: scaled to pull ups with orange band, got to 24/30 wall balls. Not a fan of wall balls. So awkward with them.

A: Worked with 30kg, probably could have been a bit heavier, but was great to feel the technique click into place with the lighter weight, especially with my new lifting shoes 😉 – Thanks Coach B and Mads for having a small foot haha.
    B: Well as one of only 4 people in the 6pm session, it seems that wall balls are not a popular exercise….? Got to 4 pull ups in the third round, so not quite to the round of 40 wall balls.

A: Worked with 32kg – tendons on front of elbow felt a bit tight from the warm up so took it handy – all them pullups yesterday 😛

B: 6/10 pullups in round of 30.. Wall balls are fine – mostly big sets (10 &11, couple of 5’s) to get them done am I the only one who doesn’t have a problem with these?! lol
    Burpees – not fun at all.. pullups were my limiter, was down to singles very quickly.
    I sometimes forget to use my shoulders in hollow position and turn my hips over to help with the kip – work in progress 🙂