It’s here…. Crossfit Games 14.1

Saturday 01.03.14

The wait is over, the 2014 Crossfit Games is finally here

14.1 is a 10 minute AMRAP, consisting of:

• 30 Double Unders
  • 15 Power Snatches (35/25kg)

Coaches Points:

• Ensure you are fully locked out overhead and your hips are open (like at the top of a box jump).
  • The most efficient method of performing this lift is a Power Snatch (rather than a muscle snatch), so drop under then extend.
  • If you touch and go, make sure the weight touches the floor and you drop your hips to protect your back.
  • Stay calm and relaxed during your double unders.

Good luck everyone, post your times and notes to comments

6AM Session

Score of 69. I really need to work on those Double Unders. Thanks Sam B and all the other judges today!

218. Pretty happy but would have loved to get to the end of those snatches and snuck in a few quick DUs. Easier said than done.
    Proud of the whole family – Tahni 263, Kenny 267, Ewen 208 (14 yr old doing Men’s weights). Especially proud of Karen – her birthday today. 46 and she got 180. Pushed it hard to the end.
    Dying to see everyone’s score go up.

So proud of everyone’s efforts today! Everyone tried their hardest and cheered their hardest when they weren’t busy working out themselves!

Love the photo’s! You did well capturing some awesome pain faces!

Initially I was aiming for 4 rounds, until I saw the carnage and revised that to 3. Was harder than I expected! My double unders were working well today so I was stoked! Got 142 reps so 3 rounds and 7 double unders. I am very happy with that. I pushed myself and kept resting to a minimum, just need to work on being a bit quicker!

Thanks to Steve-O for being an awesome judge! And to everyone else who yelled encouragement! Awesome day today!

• Aimee says:

Ivan your family is incredible!!

Happy cake and candles day to Karen!!! ๐ŸŽˆ

• Aimee says:

217 – struggled, not going to lie. Breathing was the tough part with a few breaks to grab the inhaler. Don’t cope with AM training due to my fatigue but still – it was an amazing atmosphere and everyone killed it!

• PaulT says:

168 at Melbourne CBD CrossFit.

For someone who has only just started getting DUs, I’m fairly happy with that. If you’re in Melbourne, try this box. You train on a rooftop in the city and they’re a cool group.

Awesome photos to suit the awesome day in the box! Great work to everyone today.

Managed 211 (With my B’day twin Liv who also smashed out 211… This is getting scary now Liv!). Happy with the score, walked out with a lot more skin missing on my thumb than when I started but the vibe was worth it!

Anybody interested, Rich just posted his score… and it’s 4 reps less than his 11.1 at a 444 ๐Ÿ˜‰ yep… (just) more than doubled by the fittest man in the world.

• Matt B says:

Ergh… So unhappy with my efforts, stupid double-unders, fell to pieces in the first two rounds!

Any chance of a do-over on Monday morning?

• KJ says:

This is my second year doing the open. I’m happy to say i am a lot less anxious about it all this year. Last year I could not sleep the night before and would dream crossfit!
    My mantra is “I can only do the best that I can”
    I was happy enough with 14.1. Got 2 no reps (coz bar did not hit the ground) and ended up with 268 – 2 less than I was aiming for ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Thanks to those who have taken the time to do the judges course and to all the people who hang around to cheer each other on. SUCH a great atmosphere.
    Bring on 14.2!

• pip says:

I got 249. 5 full rounds and 24 double unders. All but one round were unbroken for my double unders so pretty happy with that! Considering how much I didn’t want to do the open this year, I’m very very pleased with my score and how I kept my shit together. Cindy said I was so “zen” that I looked bored – don’t know if that’s a good thing or a bad thing!! Bit tender now but that might also have something to do with the 15 hours of gardening I have done since…

• NathO says:

203. Pretty happy with this.

Solid DU’s, many rounds unbroken, and maintained snatches in sets. My limiter was the cardio element – the longer it went, the slower I got.