TGU Tech work & Sneaky circuit

Friday 28.02.14

Please no more Burpees, we find out the first Open workout around midday today

Technique

• Turkish Get-ups 1 on each side to a max

Conditioning

2 rounds : 1 min work-15 sec transition time

• Air dyne
  • Situps
  • Row
  • KB Swings 24/16
  • Double Unders
  • Step ups
  • 1 min rest btwn rounds

Post training notes and hopes for Open movements to comments

sean

I got a new 1RM – 16kgs for turkish get ups!!

My hopes for the open are that I don’t get stuck with a zero score on any WOD due to not being able to do the first move, like T2B or pull ups! I hope that the frist movement of each WOD is at least something I can do!

• James says:

Good luck to everyone tomorrow! Keeping with the theme, thought I’d share the Outlaw Ways “Night Before Open”;

Worked up to a 24kg KB. About the same as I’ve done previously, but it felt more solid, so I’ll call it an improvement.
    Enjoyed the conditioning. Glad to take it a bit easy on the major muscle groups in advance of the Open. I am just a little bit nervous.

• Mark says:

Turns out I did 14.1 yesterday! Our coaches must have an inside to Dave Castro.

• Sam B says:

Took it easy today, treated it as a recovery session in preparation for tomorrow.

Just saw the workout, I reckon I can actually do this! Also just completed the judges course online.

Great excitement building in the 10am session!
    Worked to 24kg today, ran out of time to hit 28 again.
    Great circuit. Managed 44 sit ups each rd, everything else was just warming up for sit ups right? (Secretly/not secretly want sit ups in all 4 next open wods)
    Looking forward to re-doing the wod this week and looking forward to the coaches panel!! Bring on the next 5 weeks!

A: TGU felt good once I moved the kettlebell to a position on my forearm that didn’t hurt! Worked up to 16kg

B: Nice easy circuit in prep for tomorrow.

Bet you wish you had a dry run of 14.1 by doing yesterdays WOD! Took it handy but will certainly be crashing the bus tomorrow.. right Ben? 😉
    My quads were burning during it from what I can remember!