Hi-Hang Clean & Jerk, then a date with Diane

Monday 03.02.14

Strength:

• Establish 2RM Hi-Hang Clean + 1 Jerk (complete 2 cleans, then 1 jerk after the 2nd clean)

Conditioning:

“Diane

21-15-9

• Deadlifts (100/70kg)
  • HSPU

Post loads, number of burpees and notes to comments

Other news:

Judgement Day is this Saturday. Remember to come down and support the Adapters who have entered!

Adapt is looking for one more maleΒ to fill a team, (Nicola, Sara and Tim) as their 4th team member had to pull out due to injury. Please contact Adapt ASAP if you’re available and keen.

A. I said to Nathan at the start that we wouldn’t get anywhere near the 70s, so I am pleased to report that I made 70kg almost comfortably.

B. 7:13 RX. Pretty proud of that. But enough about me. Let’s talk about Kenny. I was just started the round of 15 dead lifts and she was already finished! 3:37 RX. And that’s with a no rep at the end. And she turned 16 3 days ago. Fasted time on the board, just knocking off….her sister. Bit of a proud Dad at the moment (well, pretty much all the time).

Go Kenny. She was on fire today. Awesome effort πŸ˜€

Awesome work Kenny.. bummed I missed seeing that or not seeing it given the speed had too be going! Watch out Regionals πŸ˜‰ Credit to you Ivan & Karen. πŸ™‚

A. Worked with Sarah, got up to 40kgs and stayed there to try and get better form.

B. Worked at 65kgs and scaled tp pushups. Finished in 8.10. Thumbs are still sore!

• Prudy90 says:

A: Got to 45kg which felt really solid! (More so than the 40kg… odd!) But couldn’t get under the first clean at 50kg, all in my head I think. Worked with Nay and holy moly woman your cleans have improved since end of last year!! Well Done!!! πŸ˜€

B: Deadlifts and me just don’t work some days, they just weren’t feeling right. Got to 3 HSPUs in the first round, dealifts at 70kg.

• Kylie says:

A: Got 40kg comfortably, and dropped under the 2 cleans at 45kg but paused with the bar too long and failed the jerk. Having issues locking out overhead at the moment (totally obvious during the shoulder to overheads on Saturday!), seeing Pete next Monday to get it sorted.

B: 70kg Deads and push-ups – finished in 8:26 (2:30 better than my last Diane time). Push-up quality varied but happy overall as my form was way more solid than the last time I did this many full push-ups.

A. 35kg. These felt good this morning. Still some little things to fix with my jerk but it has improved a lot lately. Just have to keep it up πŸ™‚

B. Timed out in the last round of deadlifts. Scaled to push ups. Wasn’t as fast as the last time I did Diane but my push up technique was a lot tighter this time.

First off Saturday was great at the time, everything since the 225 squats between the 2 of us has sucked. Including walking, sitting, standing, eating, life in general etc

A) got 60 ok then twice I got 1 @ 70 and just missed #2. Got under but dropped elbows πŸ™ I blame Saturday.

B) 10:05 rx -first time I’ve finished Diane – failed the last rep just before buzzer so finished it after timeout. I blame Saturday.
    Really stoked with FINALLY finishing this wod – my previous best was 8/15 HSPU so I decimated my previous, even if my deads were broken into sets (last few times I went unbroken deads and never finished)

• Heinex says:

A) worked up to 80 with Arthur.

B) 8:16 Rx. (Provided Coach Coops doesn’t consider the “head cushion” scaling). Either way happy with a PB!

• NathO says:

a) Worked up to 70kgs with Ivan. Not too bad at all. Good form I think.

b) Timed out. 100kg DL’s and 4/15 HSPU (raised with ab pillow and 10kg plate). It was the HSPU that were my real limiter, thanks to Coach B for the mid WOD coaching. Still have a long way to go with feeling strong with this movement.

• Becco says:

A: Worked up to 50kg, had a couple of shaky attempts but stuck the last one

B: 9:43, the DL’s felt really heavy thismorning and thebar felt like I was holding on to a cheese grater, not pleasant. Scaled HSPU to push-ups this morning, my neck couldn’t handle it.

• Matt B says:

February Resolution to start posting on Adapt, so here goes.

a) Managed to work up to 82.5kg, which is not bad considering last week’s 1RM Clean was 90kg

b) Dianne is the first WOD I ever finished Rx, back in March last year. Super Stoked to complete it today in 8:01.

Hilarious to watch Steve-o and James struggle today after Saturday’s WOD…..sounds like it was tough!

• Aldog says:

Still very tender today after Sat.

A: worked at 40kg and this was tough today. Need to work on using legs not shoulders.

B: worked at 70kg and push ups. Finished in 9:28 with time to talk to Becca during the WOD about shoulders in the dead lift still rounding them but back is in good position. Something to work on, best walk around sticking my chest out for practice.

• Bryan says:

A: Worked up to 80KG, the clean being the limiting factor

B: timed out with six HSPU left to go. Much better then last time when I crashed out somewhere in the set of 15.

• Will C says:

A) the wrists were mighty mighty uncooperative today therefore I only worked up to 50, but was able to refine my technique with Coach Ben’s help which I’m more than happy to do to ensure better lifts when the wrists are on better condition.

B) Finished in 4:39 with HSPU scaled to push-ups which I’m extremely happy with. I love Deadlifts and am happy to say that this is my first Diane attempt to fall under the 5 minute mark πŸ™‚
    Next time I’m hoping I can attempt with the HSPU which Im very keen to master this year.

• Ellyse says:

A: worked up to 40kg

B: DNF 55kg DL and strict push ups.

• James says:

A: 70kg a very meh effort. No drive from the legs for anything heavier.

B: Diane the Destroyer. That is all.

• john parr says:

A: worked up to 95kg

B: didnt PR but still a okay time 4:56. (I’ve done 4:24)

• Aimee says:

Also a victim of the Saturday leg burn… Swagger baby!

A: 55kgs, went for 60kgs… Bitched out!

B: last time I did Diane it was 8:42 with strict PUs. Today I went in and said I would grind out the HSPU as deadlifts are my strength… And it was a grind that’s for sure! 10 HSPU/21. Not much but man I’m happy to see progress on such a big weakness!!

Chucked in a few strict PUs at the end. 3 unbroken again. Happy!

Fun as always to work with Charnel.

Haha coops.. Still got the burpee count in the WOD score πŸ˜›
    A: 55kg for 2RM, 57kg for 1 rep – wasnt quick enough to grt under for the second. Pretty happy, technique feeling much better for cleans lately, feeling more stable in the bottom.. sitting back and keeping knees out.

B: 9:49 PB.. 70kg, Ab mat for HSPU
    Started Rx but after a few HSPU Coach B advised me to use the Ab mat as I was waiting too long at the bottom putting too much pressure in my neck.
    Last time I did this was November and did it at 65kg with the Ab mat for HSPU and finished in 11:24.
    Really happy to finish under the timecap, thanks Coach B and everyone else for supporting me in the last minute.
    Love this place, so much so that I apparently had a sweat patch in the perfect shape of a love heart on my back during the WOD ❀️ Lol

• Ben M says:

A) Worked up to 65kg today, starting to get heavy but concentrated more on getting some “pop” out of the high hang and not “bump” the bar forward and have to jump and chase it. Improved a lot in this regard.

B) Came in early for the 7 and counted Coach B’s reps for Diane. She is his bitch – said he wanted to take it easy then proceeded to smash it in 3:19 so impressive to watch, spurred me on.
    I managed to finish in 3:58, DL’s got heavy in round of 9 and need to work on maintaining form when tired, the HSPU volume has definitely paid dividends. So much so this was a 2:08 PR today.

• Penny says:

A: kb cleans @12kg
    B: Belly is getting in the way a little now so did light DL @ 35kg off small boxes and push ups on the racks. Finished in 5 min something so decided to do another set of 15, then 21 more DL and finished off with 10 push ups before buzzer.

Loved this workout πŸ™‚

• KJ says:

A: 65kgs. Cleans were good. Jerk had a bit of a press in the last little bit. Thanks Sean for the tips.

B: 5.47 (RX)
    This was 12 seconds faster than last time. I don’t think I can blame the heat, or the sore muscles from Saturday, my first full day back at work OR no caffeine or alcohol in my diet anymore…. but I felt just a little disappointed in my effort. The round of 15 dead lifts was where I struggled. Aiming for under 5 minutes. I know I will get there…eventually πŸ˜‰ Hopefully this year.

A: mamaged to get 40kg ok, as usual need to work on my jerk. Starting to realise I have a glaring strength deficiency for anything overhead. Got 1 clean at 45kg but failed the second twice. Was awesome watching Tess get 50kg even though the clean is her “weakness”!

B: last time I attempted diane I finished 13/21 HSPU with abmat and rolled up blue mat so was aiming to get a better score than that! Finished my DLs much quicker than last time, was able to string together 4-5 at a time, was happy with that. First 2 HSPU on just abmat were awesome, which filled me with a sense of confidence. Wasn’t long lived. Failed pretty much every rep after the first 2, only got a total of 3. Very disappointed πŸ™

• Aimee says:

Don’t be down girl, you gave it your all and u can walk away with your head held high. Some days are rocks, some a diamonds – hang in there x

A: Worked up to 47.5 kgs pretty comfortably. Thanks for the props Tarryn πŸ™‚ Got 50kg but failed the second rep both times I tried it. Cleans are generally my weakness, but they felt the best they have ever felt tonight. Maybe it was my flashy new red wrist wraps? Red makes you go faster right?

B: First time trying Dianne – 70kg deadlifts and strict push-ups (got to work on getting a bit lower on these). Finished at 9:00. Was good fun working with Tarryn, really impressed with her going in for the HSPU even when feeling fatigued.