Deadlifts then Diane

Wednesday 20.11.13

Strength

• Work to a heavy 5 Deadlift
  • NOT MAXIMAL

Conditioning

“Diane”

• 21-15-9
  • Deadlifts 100/70
  • HSPU

Post loads, times and notes to comments

• Prue and I would like to thank everyone for their kind words for last weekend, we had an amazing day and feel quite blessed to have you all as a part of our lives. Sean

sean

• Aimee says:

Dragged myself out of the depths of my bed to train with the 5:30am crew – it’s safe to say I cruised through the wod and didn’t really have it in my to push myself too far.

A: didn’t really work up to a heavy set, just warmed up to the 70kgs

B: 10:55 with 70kgs and handstand holds – DLs felt solid and did them in two sets, then final 9 in 1. HS holds were sloooow, much slower than last time I did push-ups. I have to scaled HSPU but shoulder wasn’t up for it today.

A. 60kg then a couple of sets at 100kg. Saving myself for Diane.

B. 6:49 RX. First time at Diane. Would love to be just that bit stronger to go faster through the dead lifts. I like HSPU but because my snatch technique is sloppy I find the shoulders a bit fatigued from yesterday.

Lower back is tight now, an hour later.

• Becco says:

A: Worked up to 80kg. (based on a 1RM of 110kg) Really focused on back position and keeping my eyes up

B: Scaled HSPU to 10kg plate and ab mat – thinking next time I will get rid of the plate. 2 rounds + 1 DL. Rx DL

• Ben M says:

A) Worked up to 120kg on the DL. 160kg is my 1RM, felt ok but only did 3 reps at this weight. Practiced sets of 5 @ 100kg for the WOD.

B) I tried Diane about 2 months ago @70kg for the DL’s, it took 8:39, this time went Rx, finished in 6:06.
    Felt pretty good and you can never be upset with a 2:30min PR.

11am – tried some 20 then 16 inch deficit HSPU’s, failed at 20 but managed to get the 16.

A) Like most people, I worked up to WOD weight of 100kg and stayed there.

B) Finished 9:35 – Scaled to pushups.

• Heinex says:

A) Worked to 130kg.

B) 10:40. Scaled with the abs “thingamijiggy” for cushion. But still pleased as I did not finish last time I attempted Dianne on 23/2/12.

• Dom says:

A:worked it to 120kg.

B: 7:2? – aka beat Coops.

• john parr says:

A: only went for 130kg because I wanted a bit left in the tank for diane.

B: a few months back when we did Diane I did it in 7:04 and that was a crazy pr on the time before that which was 8:24. Well tonight I did it in 4:24, and I call the “PRing the sh!t out of your old time”

• Ellyse says:

A: worked up to 55kg.

B: 55kg, HSPU scaled to HS pulses, finished in 11.50. Last time I did Diane back in August I didn’t finish so I’m stoked with this. Feel a ton better than last time too from better technique.

• KJ says:

A: did [email protected]
    B: Had a very long/ stressful day at work and was just hoping to make it through the WOD and keep my s*** together! (Almost canceled this arvo)
    Finished Dianne 3.02 faster than my last time of 9.01. I took my time, enjoyed it and still got a new PB.
    Happy girl.

• Bec B says:

Worked up to 55kg. My 1 rm is only 72.5 and have only ever tested it once (we don’t DL that often??)

First time Diane! and only about third time HSPU’s. Scaled to 55kg DL’s and an ab mat, 11:10. Maybeeee my 1 rm DL would be better, be interested to test!

Also have been promoted/demoted (not sure which it classifies as) to Rx HSPU… yay? πŸ™‚

• DJ says:

Second session back from my break – so good to be back.

A: Worked up to 120kg. Didn’t push it.

B: Paced my self – 8:08 RX. With the pace, I beat my previous time by 90sec.

• rob rigby says:

A: Worked up to 110kg

B: 100kg deadlifts, 5s handstand holds – 2 rounds.

• RACH says:

A: 5 x 65kg – don’t have a 1RM, felt good.

B: 6.08 Rx. 1st time Diane – very happy. Thanks for pushing me Annie & Sean!

A) Worked with Nath up to 120kg, stopped there when the last 2 reps went to poo

B) HSPU can do another 4 letter acronym.
    Last time (can’t remember cap) I failed 8/15 HSPU (Attempt RX)
    This time I made it to 11/15 HSPU (Again @ RX)
    So it was a PB however I really need to work on my shoulder strength, endurance and technique as I hit the start of 15 HSPU at the half time mark on the clock…
    Bummer, as I love the deads πŸ™

• David N says:

A: 60kg, 80kg, 90kg and 100kg
    B: 1 round and 13 HSPU
    I missed this one in August so glad to get one on the board. Deadlifts felt pretty heavy and I didn’t really get any rhythm going with them. HSPUs were mostly sets of 3 with plenty of breathers in between.

• Nicola W says:

A: Worked to 5 x 70Kg. As we haven’t done deadlifts for a while my form was a bit off on the way down.

B: I like Diane!

My first attempt earlier this year 70Kg was my 1RM deadlift, but I got the 21 and no HSPU. Second attempt in August I got the 21 deadlifts and 18 kipping HSPU on the ab mat. Today I got to 6 kipping HSPU’s on the ab mat in the 15 round yay!

KJ was on fire and blitzed it in 5:59 πŸ™‚

A: worked up to 70kg but only did 4 in an effort not to push too hard before Diane.

B: last time I did Diane I worked at 70kg but scaled to push ups and finished 4 of 9 DLs. Today I only finished 13 of 21 HSPU, but I am happy with that as I wasn’t scaling too much, I had an abmat and folded thin blue mat, but better than scaling to push ups! I also feel a lot better after the DLs this time!

• Karen L says:

A. Worked to 85kg.

B. 11:50 @ 70kg. Found the dead lifts easier as I went along. Used the ab mat for HSPUs as still have sore traps/neck. Seeing the physio next week about it as it has been sore for a couple of weeks now.

A: Worked up to 85kg – 4/5 reps were good according t Coach Sean. I have a tendancy to use my lower back a bit more than I should.

B: Last time I did this I had only managed to get HSPU four days beforehand and used a 5kg bumper with an ab mat, finished 5/15 HSPU.
    This time, Started Rx and just used ab mat.
    My back position started to drop after the 7th rep so Coach Sean took 5kg off.
    Form was much better for the remaining reps – had to go to singles and setup for each rep to ensure good positioning.

Finished in 11:24? 26? – didn’t think I would finish at all, so really pleased to get through it.

My hands were burning after this WOD!

• JoJo says:

Worked slowly up to 100kg for the deadlifts, but was definitely finding 100kg alot harder than 6 months ago (when I last did Dianne RX in 9:39).

Dianne – half at 90kg then the rest at 80kg cause I had a shitty rep there
    Finished in 9:11.

Wishing I hadn’t done the shitty rep and just taken my time because my lower back is still tight and sore 2 days later….