Helen

Saturday 27.4.13

Helen

3 rounds for time (15 min cap)

• 400m run
  • 21 KB swing (OH w/ 24/16kg)
  • 12 pull-ups

Post times, if you scaled and training notes to comments. Congrats if you managed a PR!

First Paleo Meal Pack Order success!

Our first order has gone off without a hitch. I can say that there’s even more meat in these packs than our original testing packs – Jealous!

From now on we’ll be selling the Paleo Meal Packs onlineΒ – and not via MBO or EFTPOS (it makes it easier to manage for us)

If you’ve already tried some of these meals we’d love to hear what you think so get on Facebook, twitter and share the great news with your buddies and/or send us an email and let us know what we can make them even better

Ben

Coach B

• Kristy W says:

Mental win for me today. Completion of WOD with pull ups. First time ever. Hands still as bad as last week so probably not worth it.
    12:18 rx.

• Aimee says:

Two bad Saturdays in a row for me, the mascara even ran a few times – not cool, like Ben said “now is the time to keep it together”.

Started on yellow band and moved to orange, b

• Aimee says:

…band. Both hands bleeding by the end and it mentally got me. Thanks to Taryn and Ben for keeping me on that bar. Almost finished round 2.

Pull-ups have gone backwards, finally got them unbanded and now am in struggle town. I work on them (deads and kip) after nearly all WODs. Time to book in for some PT!

You did awesome Aimee, the fact that you kept going with your pull ups even though you were so frustrated is one of the reasons we do crossfit – for that never give up mentality. You did awesome pushing through that and you should be proud of yourself!

• Mark says:

13:37 Rx. I did this in January and left 10 pullups on a 12min timeout, so about the same today?

Well done Jaden for getting half-way through pullups in round two. Proud as.

• Trace says:

Woot! Finished in 13:46. So happy to have finished. Used yellow and purple bands for pull ups, suddenly seem to be able to kip, so this helped me a lot today!

Last time I did Helen, I had an asthma attack after the first round, wanted to puke and then cried all the way home in the car!!! Happy I’ve come so far πŸ™‚

• Nicola W says:

Last recorded Helen was 13:51 but with ring rows.

Today got to 8 pull ups in round 2 with an orange band in the 15 min time cap.

The run was fine, so were the 16Kg KB swings, and was pretty pleased with the pull ups as I can only do between 5 – 8 on the orange band so I had to dig deep. Onwards and upwards πŸ™‚

• Leanne says:

Firstly, BIG THANKS to my WOD buddy Walled who kept me going and even jogged the last 400mtr with me!!!

HELEN Nov.2012 vs HELEN April 2013

400mtr row 400mtr RUN
    10kg KB x 21 16kg KB x 21
    ring rows x 12 banded pull ups x 12
    ……………….. 400mtr JOG
    ……………….. 16kg KB x 21
    ………………. banded pull ups x 12
    ………………. 400mtr LEG BURN

πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ HELL YEAH!!!

• Chris says:

10:22 – Rx’d.

A tough one.

Got 4KB swings into the third round. Scaled to 14 kg KB and ring rows. πŸ™‚

• bronj says:

Love Helen.. Really!

Had 9 PU to go in the last round. Did 12 kg KB with blue band for the PU. Was pretty happy cause I think i didn’t go OH with the KB swings last time and only make it it the last run. So have improved which is surprising but reassuring that my fitness is still in there somewhere.

Running and PU’s need work. Have started doing Pu at home to practice. Still on blue band.

Well done to LULU- she did awesome for her first WOD

• Danielle says:

Pretty pleased with my efforts overall this morning.
    Got 5 pull ups into the 3rd round using 16kg KB and red band for pull ups.

Last time I did this is I finished in 12:24 but used 14kg KB and did ring rows.

I still hate running.

Helen – wow, like Ben said yesterday, it’s not easy!!!

I found Helen to be a bit of a mental challenge for me, I only got 12 KB swings into the second round. KB Swings felt ok, I haven’t done the overhead ones before so took me a while to work out how to hold onto the KB and how to keep my core tight. Biggest challenge was the pull-ups (of course) I did them on the thinner blue band, and struggled big time. Thanks Aimee for showing me how to get the ‘swing’ right to lead into the pull up, it helped a lot and my last one was my best! took me ages to get through these!

• Aimee says:

You did fantastic!! Looking forward to training with you again.
    Thanks for keeping me focused!

A. 10:08 RX. Happy with that result but a little fatigued so broke up the KBs and pull-ups. Runs felt slow but must have been OK.

Turns out Helen is no help when you have to go home and sand plaster in the renovations.

• Sam B says:

Got to 6 pull ups left in the last round before I timed out. Pretty pleased in comparison to last time: then I did KB swings at 20kg, this time at 24kg. Last time did pull ups with a thick purple band, this time did them unaided and kipping (even if I did do them as singles). Last time only got to the run in the third round. This time almost completed the third round.

• David N says:

14:38 RX
    Runs were good but left the lungs a little rattly, haven’t run for ages actually, I was wishing for that 12 min time cap on about the second run.
    KB unbroken in the first round then sets of 10 and 5
    Pull ups, mostly sets of 3 and 2 then singles towards the end.

It’s been over a year since I have done this one, I don’t know what the time cap was then but I did shoulder height swings and orange banded pull ups, got through with the help of Sean giving me a push on the pull ups.