How many sessions do you run each week?
If you haven’t already checked out our weekly schedule, we run over 25 sessions per week.
How big are your sessions?
Most sessions range from 10 – 20 people (hard limit 25)
Can I just pay for a casual visit at the drop in rate?
No. We only offer that to people who are visiting from another licensed affilate. It’s a monthly membership or nothing.
Can I get credit or refund for missed group class sessions?
No. Your fees are treated as tuition.
What is your cancellation policy for monthly memberships?
Adapt doesn’t do contracts. So if after a month you’ve figured out that CrossFit isn’t for you, you can cancel your membership. However if you decide to cancel your membership you will need to give 10 days notice in writing*
I’m heading off on holidays, can you put my membership on hold?
Yes. We are able to put your membership on hold, but only for 1 full month. We do not offer 1/2 monthly payments. eg. if you’re only away for 2 weeks then it is what it is. As above you will need to give 10 days notice in writing if you would like to place your membership on hold*
* written notice can be an email. Failure to give sufficient notice may incur additional charges to your account (eg. direct debits are processed on the 1st of each month)
I train at another box (in another city/suburb). Can I drop in on a class?
Sure you can. Get in touch with us to let us know when you’re thinking about dropping in. Our drop in rate is $20. You can either pay online ($25) or bring the cash with you (do that)
Training at Adapt: Terms & Conditions
On engaging in a membership with Adapt CrossFit I will Agree to the following terms and conditions;
- Adhere to all gym rules and coach instruction at all times.
- Show respect to other athletes and Coaches.
- Membership fees will be paid one month in advance on the 1st of each month.
- Any dishonor fees caused by incorrect bank details or insufficient funds will be charged directly to your account.
- Provide at least 10 days written notification of membership pause or cancellation.
- Make a commitment to myself and Adapt to take ownership of my health and fitness and strive for virtuosity in my training and nutrition.
- Understand I need to take all advice provided and cannot randomly choose what best suits me, especially in regard to nutrition.
- Practice and follow advice or direction given by coaches.
- Coaches at Adapt CrossFit will provide professional coaching and expert advice, they cannot perform exercise for you nor can they make your squat better by doing your mobility training for you, this is your responsibility. Look at yourself as your first point of call, do not approach us with problems if you have not followed our advice or recommendations. If your goal is to lose weight and your not following a strict Paleo diet, use the info we have already provided, once again we will not spoon feed you, at some stage in your life you need to learn how to eat and train effectively without relying on someone else to do the work for you.
- In regard to the above, our staff are very approachable and if you have a genuine concern or need further advice or instruction on either training or nutrition please feel free to approach us.
- Be honest at all times and report anything to the coaches you think is incorrect or you are not entirely happy with immediately, if you don’t voice your opinion or concern we cannot hear it.
The following rules must be adhered to at all times;
- Be on time – being late is disrespectful and disruptive to both coaches and other athletes. 5 BURPEES FOR EVERY MINUTE YOU’RE LATE.
- When being given instruction, listen, ask questions when queried and prior to commencement of a movement or WOD
- If you do not understand an instruction please ask for more direction immediately.
- As an athlete please feel free to encourage and support other athletes, do not coach, leave this to us.
- Be prepared to stay for the full hour, you and I both know your not going to stretch at home.
- Do not write on the floor, notepads and whiteboards have been provided for this, use it, your not in kindy now.
- Ensure you put your own weights and equipment away ONLY AFTER EVERYONE HAS COMPLETED THE WORKOUT, we are your coaches not your mothers.
- Any clothing left on the gym floor will be put in the lost property area, bin or kept by staff, don’t want to lose it then take it with you.
- Chalk lives in a bucket, not on the floor. Spill the chalk bucket and it’s a 100 burpees
- Know your fellow Crossfitters, giving results to a stranger is weird.
- Have fun and enjoy your training, we train hard but its not life or death.
- Count accurately, no one likes a cheat and your only cheating yourself. Even though we can be competitive, which is helpful in many ways, we want you to be the best you can be, your biggest competitor is yourself.
- Meet the standard for movements, they are their for a reason and its not looks.
- If you throw up and didn’t make it to the toilet or curb side, clean it up, as soon as you finish the WOD
- Scale appropriately, we will provide advice, however ultimately you will need to learn where your at.
- Do not bring your ego to the gym or it will more then likely take a beating.
- Keep an accurate record by posting your results to comments. We cannot give advice on your progression if we don’t know where you started or how your going.
- Tell everyone you know and like about CrossFit.
- If your a sweat animal, thats ok, just wipe the floor and equipment when your finished.
- Never be negative in our gym, “I can’t” & “I won’t” don’t fly here and we know its hard, if it was easy you wouldn’t get the results your about to.
- Dress code – GIRLS: no skirts. If you’re rocking see through tights or booty shorts please note that everyone time you pick up a bar you are giving people a show. Guys: Wear undies under your boardies – no, seriously.
- Kids in the gym: We do not provide a child minding service. Bring them and you’re responsible for them. They are not to be on the rubber or equipment at any time. If they disrupt a session you may be asked to leave.
- Respect the equipment but don’t baby it:We understand that sometimes dropping the weight is unavoidable, we would much rather have damaged equipment than damaged athletes “equipment can be replaced, you can’t!”. There is a huge difference between safely dumping of the weight and throwing the weight. Throwing a weight from overhead in a busy class is unsafe practice. Ensure that when you drop the weight, you retrieve the bar quickly. Another important rule in respect to your fellow members is to always clean up and put away your weights.
- You need to turn up regularly and consistently to keep your membership spot
- All members must commit and train at least 3 sessions per week (for unlimited memberships)
- Attendance reviewed quarterly and members must have attended at least 36 sessions during the period
- Anyone falling below the minimum standard will be contacted and given a chance to improve in the next quarter
- Failure to improve will result in membership being cancelled and the spot given to someone on the waiting list.
We don’t think this will happen much, but just in case, we reserve the right to:
- Give you burpees. Every minute you’re late accrues 5 burpees – Rock up 10 mins late and that’s 50 burpees – THAT WILL BE COMPLETED BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE GYM
- Kick you out of class if you’re being a douchebag*.
- Terminate your membership at any time if you are a serial pain in the ass*. Should it come to this, we will refund you the pro-rated balance on your membership.