At Adapt, we offer a significantly different approach to starting CrossFit…
While many gyms offer free trials or a series of crash course beginner classes, We’ve come to realise that a one-size-fits-all, 3-and-you’re-in approach to getting people through the door and signed up simply, doesn’t work – In fact, it’s grossly inadequate in preparing most people for our regular CrossFit group classes.
Yes, our coaches will explain everything in the workout, demo the movements and advise you of appropriate scaling options, but when it’s time to workout: “3-2-1-Go!”, newcomers can feel completely overwhelmed and unsure of themselves
I’ve found this to be equally true for both people with a fitness background but especially true if the last time you picked up a skipping rope was 20+ years ago when you were forced to do a PhysEd class back in high school
Yes, we’ve got a great community, and they really are a super friendly bunch, but new people are just that: new.
And learning the nuances of our group classes needs to be taught without the pressure and fear of looking like a dummy in front of a heap of people you don’t know
Long term success in the health and fitness arena requires a structured, strategic and sustainable approach
If you’re new to CrossFit or Strength & Conditioning, there are a couple of things worth considering:
- An introduction to CrossFit needs to be done in a one on one setting – at a pace that suits you
- Everyone is different – and while it’s important to follow a set curriculum to learn all the fundamental movements – each session should be tailored to your specific needs, goals, and level of ability
- A base level of fitness IS required to ensure long-term success in our regular group classes
- Will provide you with a coach who will lead you through a set curriculum to teach you the fundamental movements of CrossFit
- You will be guided through workouts and given tips and strategies to help you in a group setting -> All at a pace that suits you;
- The workouts included in the curriculum will help you to develop a base level of fitness as well as help develop the mental toughness required to succeed in CrossFit
- The number of 1:1 sessions required will be determined by your coach and will be dependent on your successful completion of the curriculum
- After completion of the one-on-one sessions, you will GRADUATE into the group classes with the knowledge, skills, and confidence required to ensure long-term success in CrossFit
Before Fundamentals at Adapt, you must book in for a FREE discovery session with one of our coaches where we will talk about your:
- exercise history,
- injury and health history,
- lifestyle factors,
- current nutrition, and goals.
This initial chat gives us a chance to get to know you more and better understand what drives and motivates you and it provides you with an opportunity to explore the space and meet some of our coaches and the people that train here 😉
If you would like to find out how we can help you and book in for a free discovery session, give us a buzz on 02 62519248 or use our online form