OK, but you already knew that…
This week has been kinda heavy. Heavier than normal anyway so it’s so very important you do all the right things to make sure you can get yourself back to firing at 100% again. In other words RECOVERY. Ask yourself the following questions based on what you’ve done in the last 24 hours:
- What’s your nutrition like? Are you still eating inflammatory foods?
- Do you get 8+ hours of sleep a night?
- Do you wear compression gear to bed?
- Do you regularly hit the rollers for some self myo-facial release?
- Do you take fish oil (and no, I’m not talking about capsules…)
- Where are your stress levels at the moment.
- Are you nursing an injury and if so what are you doing to rehab it?
- When was the last time you hit some decent mobility work – AKA: mobilityWOD (10+ mins)
- When did you last get a deep tissue massage?
It’s not enough to show up to 3+ sessions a week if you’re not spending some time on recovery as well.
What recovery strategies do you use? Is there any that you do regularly that I haven’t listed? Post your thoughts to comments.
5 rounds for time (20 min cap):
- 5 power cleans – 80kg /50kg
- 400m run
- 15 wall ball – 20lb/14lb
Plans for the weekend…
- Regular group sessiosn @ 7:15am and 9:15am (Newbie’s try-out session @ 9:15am)
- Open gym @ 8:15am – Come in and hit some strength and/or O-Lifting
- Beginner’s class tomorrow @ 10:15am – The squats (body weight, front, back and OH)
- Pendlay O-lifting seminar @ Rogue PT – Rosey, JM, Pip, Becca and Jimmy are heading out to work on their O-Lifting with Glenn Pendlay and Donnie Shankle. Hopefully there’ll be some PBs, but even better they’ll be bring their new found tips and techniques back to Adapt and help you get PBs too…